1 a small part or portion that remains after the main part no longer exists [syn: leftover]
2 a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold [syn: end, remainder, oddment]
Nounremnant (plural: remnants)
The small portion remaining of a larger thing or group
- Finnish: ripe
The remaining fabric at the end of the bolt
An unsold end of piece goods
- Finnish: jäännöserä
Remnant may refer to:
(Bible), in the Bible
- Remnant (Adventist), remnant concepts within the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Remnant (band).
- Remnant (comics), a character from the Squadron Supreme comic books.
- The Remnant (newspaper), a Traditional Catholic newspaper.
- The Remnant, 10th book in the Left Behind series
- The Remnant Trust, Inc., a foundation offering rare books to universities across the country
- Remnant church (disambiguation)
afterglow, afterimage, balance, bit, butt, butt end, candle ends, chaff, debris, detritus, end, fag end, filings, fossil, fragment, heel, holdover, husks, leavings, leftover, leftovers, odds and ends, offscourings, orts, parings, part, piece, rags, refuse, relic, relics, remainder, remains, residual, residue, residuum, rest, roach, rubbish, ruins, rump, sawdust, scourings, scrap, scraps, shadow, shavings, shred, straw, stubble, stump, survival, sweepings, trace, vestige, waste